Tuesday 21 February 2012


How my book became part of the "satanic sex stabbing"

How my book became part of the "satanic sex stabbing" - Writers and Writing - Salon.com - SATURDAY, NOV 26, 2011 8:00 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME — "On the night I heard about my connection to a “satanic sex ritual stabbing,” I had just finished the dishes with my wife. It was about 10 p.m. on a Wednesday, my 2-year-old daughter was asleep in bed, and I was in the living room, casually catching up on email. “I assume you’ve seen this,” a friend wrote. The link took me to a headline on Gawker.com:

“Satanic Sex Ritual Threesome Not as Awesome as It Sounds.”"


This is a glaring example of the truth getting in the way of a good story. Now, with the 'Net and the instantaneousness of social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, the "story" spreads even faster with the "truth" sometimes never catching up. There's an old saying... Believe none of what you hear and half of what you read. Social media is like gossip. It falls under the classification of what you hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment